Rio Mobility - Experience with wheelchair attachments since 2006
Rio Mobility Firefly 2.5 Electric Scooter Wheelchair Attachment
The Firefly 2.5 is a state-of-the-art compact and durable electric scooter wheelchair attachment that latches on & off the wheelchair in under 5 seconds, can be transported as an airplane carry-on, maneuvers through tough terrain and reaches speeds of 12 MPH / 19 KPH.
With the Firefly 2.5 , you can travel just about anywhere! Regain your freedom by taking it over grass and hills. Travel with the Firefly 2.5 on airplanes and store it in the overhead bin.
The Firefly 2.5 attaches to most wheelchairs. Download our chair fit guide.
There is an installation process that typically takes around 30 minutes to an hour. Check out the video on how to dock the new crossbar assembly. After the initial installation process is completed, the device latches on and off your wheelchair in seconds.
The full color, high resolution TFT LCD screen with haptic-touch feedback buttons provides you with information such as current status of the battery, distance traveled, mode and speeds. Separate color coded forward and reverse thumb throttles with silicone anti-slip grips and bar ends ensures that you are in complete control. People that have limited hand dexterity will find that the lock-on handlebar grips will greatly increase thier ability to keep their hands in place while riding. The throttle position is also adjustable, so that users who have a hard time pressing throttles can customize it to their needs.
A new feature of the controller allows the top-speed of the Firefly to set according to the user’s needs. This allows for a range of customizability to the needs of the user. Users with a safety-minded daily routine, users who have difficulty controlling a fast power-assist, or users who want to primarily ride indoors will feel far more comfortable with a lower governed speed.
The 350W, 36V geared, brushless hub motor with reinforced hybrid nylon / steel gears can take you up to 12 miles per hour (it goes!), or travel at lower speeds, allowing you to maneuver around buildings and stores with ease by choosing between the 5 speed modes. A removable Panasonic Ga 20 Cell, 36V, 7Ah, 252Wh lightweight (4 lbs / 1.81 kgs) lithium ion battery gives you 15+ miles / 24+ kilometers of range with a charge time of 3 hours if it is fully discharged. Rio Mobility is one of only a few electric wheelchair attachment manufacturers that has a 252 Watt-hour battery that is UN tested and is certified to be taken as carry-on luggage on most airlines. Purchase a spare battery to increase your range.
The quick-release center docking frame comes apart easily without tools for compact transportation in a car, plane, or for storage. Dual rolling kickstands provide you with an easier parking and storage experience.
- Length: 35 in / 89 cm
- Width: 13 in / 33 cm
- Height: 12 in / 31 cm
- Maximum Occupancy Weight including Wheelchair: 280 lbs / 130 kgs
- Attachment Frame Weight: 5.8 lbs / 2.6 kgs
- Drive Unit Weight: 14.3 lbs / 6.5 kgs
- Battery Weight: 4 lbs / 1.81 kgs
- Total Unit Weight: 24.1 lbs / 10.91 kgs
- Engine Type: Electric
- Battery Range: ~15 miles / 24 kilometers
- Charge Time: ~3 hours if the battery if fully discharged
- Motor: 350W, 36V Geared, Brushless Hub Motor with Reinforced Hybrid Nylon / Steel Gears
- Motor Wire: Exits from the axle at the frame instead of the axle end, reducing wire damage
- Battery: Removable Panasonic Ga 20 Cell, 36V, 7Ah, 252Wh
- Battery Charger: Small 36V, 2A Output UL / USA Strong Three Pin Charge Port
- Battery Port: USB-A Charging Port
- Transmission: Front Wheel Drive, 5-Speed Modes
- Maximum Speed Forward: 12 MPH / 19 KPH
- Maximum Speed Reverse: 2.91 MPH / 4.68 KPH
- Surmountable Obstacles: 4 in / 10.16 cm
- Wheel Size: Innova Oversize 12.5 x 3.0 in (75-203)
- Wide Motor Rim: Integrated Wide Rim to match the Wide Tire Profile
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes:
- Frame: Custom Extruded Shape Aluminum 6061-T6
- Suspension: The frame reduces riding vibration and absorbs shock
- Brakes: Dual 160mm Rotor Disc Brakes
- Brake Calipers: Industry 1st Mirrored Dual-pull Brake Calipers
- Brake Lever: Locking Lever with Integrated Bell
- Brake Pads: Disc Brake Pads with Cooling Fins
- Headlights: Adjustable Büchel Dual 50 Lux per side LED Light System
- Grips: Ergonomic Separate Color Coded Anti-slip Silicon Forward & Reverse Thumb Throttles with Bar-Ends
- Display: Full Color High Resolution 2.5" TFT LCD Display with Haptic Touch Feedback
- Headset: Easily Lockable Steering Headset
- Dock: Quick Release Center Docking Frame, without tools
- Frame Shim Insert: Smooth Handlebar Height Adjustment
- Mud Guard: Wide Tire Profile Durable Split Fender
- Kickstand: Dual Rolling Kickstands for Upright Storage
- Operation & Storage temperature: Must not exceed 0° - 100° F (-20° - 40° C)
- Color: Matte Black, Dark Metallic Grey, Chrome Red, Metallic Silver
Shipping & Returns
U.S. - Free shipping.
International - Free shipping.
- Shipping Dimensions: 35 x 13 x 12” / 89 x 33 x 31 cm.
- Shipping Weight: 35 lbs / 15.9 kgs.
The Firefly 2.5 is delivered in a cardboard box, fully assembled. All you need to do is unbox and complete the installation process.
U.S. - 3 to 4 business days.
International - 6 to 12 business days.
It is shipped from when you complete your purchase.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return your like-new condition product within 30 days for a refund.
Listings sold through amplife.co that do not bear the Amplife® brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their vendors in accordance with terms and conditions listed with the listing. The Amplife® Limited Warranty does not apply to listings that are not Amplife® branded, even if packaged or sold with Amplife® products. Please reach out to the Vendor from the contact form below for technical support and customer service.